- About STT
The SMARTER Team Training podcast is dedicated to promoting critical thinking, reason and the public understanding of prudent, practical, purposeful and productive strength and conditioning practices for clients and athletes. The first episode of the STT podcast went online on December 1, 2010. It soon became a popular resource for the strength and conditioning community. Listen to episodes featuring the best in the field of strength and conditioning, personal training, sports performance, speed and agility, powerlifting, sports nutrition, psychology, orthopedic surgery, research, business, best selling authors, and many more below.
STT would like to thank everyone who has participated in the Audio Interview Series. It is incredible to know that it just takes an email or phone call to learn from and share information with the best in the field. Over 250 thirty minute conversations are live and/or scheduled for you!
SMARTER Team Training has received confirmations from the following individuals to be interviewed. See below for future episodes coming soon.
• Dr. Mike Stone, Exercise and Sports Science Laboratory Director at East Tennessee State University
• Eric Ciano, Co-Head Strength and Conditioning Coach for the Buffalo Bills
• Lenny Parracino, Faculty member at the Gray Institute
• Rodney Corn, Co-Founder and COO of PTA Global
• Michol Dalcourt, Director of Institute Of Motion and Creator of ViPR
• Landon Evans, Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach at the University of Iowa
• Chip Smith, Founder of Competitive Edge Sports
• Dr. Frederick Hatfield, President of the International Sports Sciences Association
• John Brookfield, Founder, creator and developer of the Battling Ropes System
• John Arce, Principle at RC Performance Training Systems
• Scott Swanson, Asst. AD and Head S&C Coach at the United States Military Academy
• Mike Clark, Strength and Conditioning Coordinator for the Washington Redskins
• Al Sandoval, Minor League S&C Coordinator for the Los Angeles Angels
• Carl Kochan, Major League S&C Coordinator for the San Francisco Giants
• Jan Dommerholt, Co-Founder and Co-Director of Myopain Seminars
• Carlo Buzzichelli, Technical Director of the Tudor Bompa Institute – International
• Dan John, Masters Discus and Weightlifting Champion, strength coach and author
• Nate Shaw, Major League S&C Coordinator for the Arizona Diamondbacks
• Derek Hansen, Director at SPS Performance Consulting
• Ann Wendel, Owner of Prana Physical Therapy
• Lenny Macrina, Associate Clinical Director at Champion Sports Medicine
• Roland Ramirez, Rehabilitation Coordinator for the Houston Texans
Want to hear from someone in the field? Has a presentation at a clinic impacted you?
Email Coach Taylor by clicking here with your suggestions for future episodes. Please include the contact information of the person you are recommending.
“Look at these podcasts; Verstegen! Dr. Yessis! Poliquin! Stein! Who cannot appreciate this incredible wealth of information?” – Ari Selig
“SMARTER Team Training’s podcasts have the most amazing interviews on different aspects of training I’ve ever heard. They give more information in the thirty minute podcast than I learn from a whole day at some of the continuing ed events I go to.” – Justin Davis MS, NASM-CPT
“Coach, I am loving your podcasts! The professional development and variety of topics have been incredibly influential to me as a young professional. Thanks!” – Josh Owens, ATC
“I have listened to other podcasts as well but none compare to the quality and content that Coach Taylor is putting out there. He throws all biases aside and is willing to ask any question, whether it agrees or disagrees with his own philosophy. Rob is willing to interview people from all different backgrounds and philosophies and I love that. I firmly believe that you can’t just learn from people who have the same philosophy as you. You need to step out and learn from others as well and challenge your own way of thinking as well as theirs. With that being said Coach Taylor is not trying to pursuade anyone that his way is better or even that what he doing is the best. Rob simply wants to learn and learn from a number of different philosophies. The fact that he is willing to ask the simple questions as well as the complex questions is what sets him and his interviews apart. Thanks for doing such a great job Coach Taylor! Keep up the good work.” – Dave Jenkins, MA, CSCS, PES
“The SMARTER Team Training podcast serves as an excellent resource for health and fitness professionals, coaches, and athletes interested in performing better. As a young fitness professional, I admire Coach Taylor’s dedication to providing information regarding mobility and functional training. Thank you for sharing your wealth of knowledge and for providing the strength and conditioning community with this exceptional service.” – Erin M. Kershaw, MS, ACSM-HFS
“I’ve been a podcast follower for a while now and STT podcasts are by far the most well structured, fun to listen to, and informative with none of the endless ads and plugs that overtake other podcasts.” – Ari Selig
“This audio from Graham Betchart was fantastic. Loved the information on this episode!!” – Maurice Wilson
“What was and still is mind-blowing to me, is the fact that Coach Taylor is able to get people with prestigious careers to share their methods and ideas. Rob… Thank you for posting the podcasts because you are improving trainers around the world you haven’t even met.” – Justin Davis MS, NASM-CPT
WHERE’S COACH TAYLORJune 26 and 27, 2015
Juniata College Clinic